Rule About Unknown Ventilation System


New Drywall Taping Rule

If you place a hole in a column or a wall you must tell me that this hole sucks air into your heating/ventilation system. You must inform me of this innocent looking hole right from the get go and not when I am on site to perform my clean-up after I have completed the project (and want to get paid afterwards). Do not assume that dust won't get into your ventilation system and end up blowing on your nice pants upstairs [while you are conveniently out of town and pressuring me to finish up earlier than scheduled because you want the dust to be gone and me off-site before you come back].

And on that note, if other construction activities including power sanding of wood are simultaneously occurring while you are conveniently out of town then don't assume stray dust is of drywall sanding only in spite of it appearing to be white exclusively.

This new rule applies especially if you take off for days while I work and this hole is not covered with a grill nor contain any duct work. In another words, it looks like a hole that you want left open to install a recessed shelf, a case or a safe. You must tell me [before you leave town while I am there performing my drywall taping work] that this hole sucks in air into your ventilation and will blow dust throughout your house (and on your girlfirend's slippers).

After I have cleaned up most of the mess drywall taping creates in a construction area and I am ready to prime my finished surfaces (then pack up and clean-up) it is not a good to inform me that you are back in town, I owe you a bunch of money for cleaning, you took pictures and have contacted your lawyer.



note: sorry for the foul words and don't take me too seriously, consider this post to be like a blog therapy for some business stress